The MAKERSHOUSE Residency Programme of the Youth Makerspace Larnaca returns for the 3rd year in a row and aims at strengthening the creative community, supporting artistic production but also promoting research and innovation in Cyprus.
The call is addressed to young creators who come from the fields of design, engineering, construction, art, interactive technology, education and social entrepreneurship, and who are interested in developing and promoting original ideas, products and workshops, through the use of innovative technological equipment. Residents who will be selected to participate in the programme can use one or more of the seven thematic rooms of Youth Makerspace, which are equipped with state-of-the-art technology. At the same time, if is necessary, residents will receive basic training in the use of this technological equipment, in order to successfully implement their proposals.
Each resident will have the opportunity to use our space, equipment and services, as well as receive support from specialized mentors, who will give useful advice for the development of their idea. At the end of each creator’s residency period, Youth Makerspace will host an open event open to the public. The selected creators will be hosted on site for a period of two weeks to two months, duration to be determined in agreement with the Youth Makerspace. Applications will be evaluated based on the purpose, implementation plan, innovation and expected results of each proposal with particular emphasis on construction and presentation methods.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
- Each selected proposal will be supported by the amount of 600 euros. It is noted that in case of the purchase of new equipment after approval by the Youth Makerspace, this equipment will remain at the site of Youth Makerspace Larnaka.
- The final number of the selected proposals is 3 and the duration of each residency will range from two weeks to two months.
- If considered necessary, candidates can be invited for an interview for further discussion and analysis of their proposal.
- Youth Makerspace Larnaka reserves the right to use the author’s final presentation recording material for future exhibitions and presentations of the work.
- The cost of the event/presentation of each residency (photographer, music) will be covered by the Youth Makerspace Larnaka. However, if there is a need for specialized services/equipment (light or sound engineer, etc.) their cost should be covered by the creator. Participation for the public in the final presentation of each residency will be free.
- The events will be organized in collaboration with the creator, the Youth Makerspace Larnaka team and the Youth Board of Cyprus.
- The age limit for young creators to participate in the program is from 18 to 35.
- The call is addressed to young creators who come from the fields of design, engineering, construction, art, interactive technology, education and social entrepreneurship.
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions of the MAKERsHOUSE Residency Programme as well as the contract of use of space and equipment of Youth Makerspace Larnaka is a necessary condition for the participation of each creator in the residency.
- Modifications to the Residency Programme may be made in accordance with the relevant regulations of the Ministry of Health to limit the spread of Covid-19. During the residency period, all measures against the pandemic will be observed as defined by the respective health protocols and relevant Decrees.